Step 1: Gather Supplies
To start sewing your own fabric pumpkins, gather the following supplies:
- Fabric in your desired colors and patterns
- Needle and thread or sewing machine
- Polyester fiberfill or other stuffing material
- Twine or ribbon
- Embroidery floss or felt for the pumpkin stem
- Optional: buttons, beads, or other embellishments
Step 2: Cut and Sew the Fabric
Using the scissors, cut out two identical pumpkin-shaped pieces from your chosen fabric. Place the fabric pieces together, with the right sides facing each other. Sew along the edges, leaving a small opening for stuffing.
Step 3: Stuff the Pumpkin
Turn the fabric pumpkin right side out through the opening. Fill it with polyester fiberfill or your preferred stuffing material until it reaches your desired plumpness.
Step 4: Finish and Decorate
Close the opening using a needle and thread or your sewing machine. Create a stem for the pumpkin using embroidery floss or a small piece of felt. Attach it to the pumpkin’s top. You can also add buttons, beads, or other embellishments to enhance the pumpkin’s appearance.