How To Thread a Singer Sewing Machine Needle
Threading a sewing machine needle can be a bit intimidating, especially for beginners. However, with a few simple
steps, you can have your Singer sewing machine ready to go in no time. Follow these steps to thread your Singer
sewing machine needle correctly.
- Start by turning off your sewing machine and unplugging it for safety.
- Take your spool of thread and place it on the horizontal spool pin at the top of your machine. Make sure the
spool spins freely.
- Guide the thread from the spool through the thread guide located at the top of your machine, usually on the
left side. Follow any marked arrows or numbered steps on the machine for guidance.
- Next, take the thread and lead it to the tension disc, which is typically located on the front of your machine
below the thread guide. Thread the thread from the right side to the left side of the disc.
- Proceed by pulling the thread down and passing it through the thread guide located above the needle. This guide
helps maintain tension while sewing.
- Now, take the thread and guide it through the eye of the sewing machine needle from front to back. If you are
having trouble threading the needle, you can use a needle threader tool to help you.
- Once the thread is through the needle, leave a tail of thread at least 4 to 6 inches long. You may use this tail
for starting and ending your sewing projects.
- Lastly, gently pull down the bobbin thread under the needle plate using the handwheel present on the side of the
sewing machine. Bring both threads to the back of the machine.
Congratulations! You have now successfully threaded your Singer sewing machine needle. Always double-check your
threading to ensure it is secure and correctly done. Now you can plug in your machine, turn it on, and start sewing
Remember, threading techniques may vary slightly depending on the model of your Singer sewing machine. Always refer
to your machine’s instruction manual for specific threading instructions unique to your model.